Early Changes To Breasts: Tingling Aching Growing
Breast changes can occur between weeks 4 and 6. Youre likely to develop tender and swollen breasts due to hormone changes. This will likely go away after a few weeks when your body has adjusted to the hormones.
Nipple and breast changes can also occur around week 11. Hormones continue to cause your breasts to grow. The areola the area around the nipple may change to a darker color and grow larger.
If youve had bouts with acne before your pregnancy, you may experience breakouts again.
Causes Of The Bloat After Your Period
To find out the answer to the question why am I still bloated after my period, ask yourself these questions:
1. Have you eaten something that has made you sick?
2. Have you eaten something that you are sensitive to or allergic to?
3. Do you have constipation?
4. Have you been eating a processed food diet with a lot of sugar, salt and foods known to have pesticides or GMOs in them?
Youre asking the question, is it normal to bloat after period. The feeling of bloatedness is not a normal feeling. It means something is wrong with your digestive system. So the first thing to do is go after the most common causes of bloating, not the least common ones. If youve eaten something to make yourself sick, such as food that was a little too old in the refrigerator, the mold content of the food will cause extreme bloating and nausea. You may even throw up.
Stop the Food Reactions and Stop the Bloating
If certain foods you eat give you symptoms that include bloating, then youll have to search farther to find out which ones they are. Doing this on your own is the most inaccurate way to find out, as the body reacts to all foods you eat for four days.
Running a blood test called the ALCAT test will give you a list of foods your body reacts to. When you rotate or eliminate these foods, all the bloating disappears. This test does not need your doctor to order it for you.
Your First Line of Defense Against Constipation and Bloating
How Diet Influences Bloating After Period
When To See A Doctor
At 1 month pregnant, youre probably feeling decent a little excited, a little nervous, and super tired, but decent. However, if you notice any of the following symptoms, give your doctor a call. You may have an infection or could, sadly, be experiencing an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage:
- severe abdominal pain or cramping
You May Like: Probiotics For Microscopic Colitis
What Is Bloating Like Whats Actually In There
One thing people commonly mix up is the difference between bloating and water retention. They are often used interchangeably, but are in fact two separate things that can both happen in the week before your period. Premenstrual water retention is typically caused by hormone fluctuations, and diet can also play a role. Bloating of the period variety can be caused by hormones, but it presents as a gaseous feeling of increased pressure in the abdomen, even if there isnt actually anything in there.
What Does My Baby Look Like
Your baby, or foetus, is now around 30mm long from head to bottom, which is about the size of a small apricot. The baby will be making jerky movements that can be seen on a scan.
Your baby is going through another huge growth spurt. The head is still much too big for the body, but the face is coming along beautifully. The little eyes are half closed but can react to light. The ears are starting to form, the simple mouth now has a delicate upper lip, and the tiny nose has two little nostrils. The jaw bone is shaping up too, and amazingly contains teeny versions of all the baby’s milk teeth. The heart is beating extremely quickly at 180bpm â that’s about three times your heart rate.
You May Like: What Does Heartburn Look Like On The Inside
When Should I Be Worried About Abdominal Bloating
See your healthcare provider if your bloated stomach:
- Gets progressively worse.
- Persists for more than a week.
- Is persistently painful.
- Comes with symptoms of illness, such as fever, vomiting or bleeding.
A note from Cleveland Clinic
A bloated stomach is not a pleasant feeling. While its a common experience and usually temporary, you may become weary of the cycle. Spending a little focused attention on the problem to identify the cause can be well worthwhile. Try recording your symptoms and possible triggers in a journal. Note diet, hormonal and stress factors. When in doubt bring your notes to a specialist for professional guidance. The different factors that contribute to bloating can be complex and difficult to parse, but medical testing can help. As always, seek medical attention if your symptoms are persistent or severe.
What Are Common Period Symptoms
There are 10 super common signs that your period is about to start. Just because we need something to look forward to .
1. Crampsugh, make sure you have your favorite pillow to hug.2. Breaking outno matter your age, your period can make you feel like a teenager again! Hurrah3. Tender breastsfor some women, you might hardly notice this. Others find even putting a bra on can be painful. 4. Mood swingsever feel like killing someone and you have no idea why? Or perhaps you get emotional when watching Daniel Tiger with your kids. 5. Exhaustionneed a nap three times a day? We totally understand. Your body is working super hard, and you might need to take it easy. 6. Upset stomachgassiness, nausea, diarrhea, constipation. 7. Headaches8. Lower back painthe contractions in your uterus and your abs can often cause your back to contract, too. 9. Trouble sleeping
You May Like: Is Constipation A Sign Of Pregnancy
You May Like: Antacid Overdose Symptoms
Cut Off Refined Sugars
Sweet tooth during pregnancy is common. But you need to control the urge to consume refined sugars. Carbonated beverages and sweetened fruit juices also contain high levels of fructose corn syrup, which contributes to bloating. Choose fresh fruit juices of apricots, bananas, and peaches to satisfy your craving for candies and soda drinks. Avoid chewing gum and slimming foods as they contain sorbitol, which can cause gas and bloating during pregnancy .
Avoiding Indigestion And Heartburn
If your symptoms are mild, it’s possible that changes to your diet or lifestyle may help prevent indigestion and heartburn. You could try:
- eating smaller meals, more often
- avoiding eating just before bed
- avoiding foods and drinks that you suspect give you heartburn
- not drinking a lot of coffee at the end of the day
- avoiding eating and drinking at the same time, which can make your stomach more full
- sitting up straight while eating, and not lying down after a meal
- chewing gum, which may cause you to produce more saliva to help neutralise the acid
- stop smoking
- raise the head of your bed by 10 to 15cm
- sleep on your left side
If your indigestion is not helped by diet and lifestyle changes, or your symptoms are more severe, your doctor or midwife may suggest that you take a medicine for indigestion that is safe to use during pregnancy. Medicines can neutralise the acid in your stomach, reduce the amount of acid produced by your stomach and stop the acid rising into your oesophagus.
Also Check: Can You Eat Peanut Butter With Gerd
How Soon Do You Feel Pregnancy Signs
As noted above, the most widely known early pregnancy symptom is a missed period, which usually appears about two to three weeks after conception.
However, some other very early signs of pregnancy could appear even before you realise your period is late or you experience bloating. Such symptoms include:
- tender breasts: due to higher levels of progesterone, you will probably start experiencing tenderness and swelling in your breasts
- sensitivity to smell: hormonal changes in pregnancy can also cause changes and sensitivity to smell
- spotting: spotting might occur as early as six days after conception, so it can represent one of the earliest signs of pregnancy
- frequent urination: frequent urination can start as soon as two weeks after conception, so its another very early sign of being pregnant
- fatigue: progesterone is to blame for the constant tiredness that is usually experienced within the first few weeks after conception, even though fatigue is common throughout the whole duration of pregnancy
- mood swings: just like with PMS and hormonal changes, pregnancy can also result in various mood swings, that vary from feeling excited, depressed, irritated and so on. So brace yourself for an interesting nine-month ride!
The above-mentioned symptoms represent some common signs of pregnancy at its earliest stages. Later on, they can be accompanied by morning sickness that usually develops before the ninth week of pregnancy, again due to an increase in pregnancy hormones.
When Does Bloating In Pregnancy Start
Pregnancy bloating can occur at any time during pregnancy with some mums-to-be feeling it as early as the 4-week mark. Other pregnant women experience the bloating sensation a little later in their pregnancy at around 11-weeks.
The bad news is, that once you experience pregnancy bloating, its likely to be a pregnancy symptom right the way through your pregnancy until you give birth unfortunately.
Recommended Reading: Align Probiotic For Constipation
How Long Does Gas In Pregnancy Last
In such cases, ensure the juices you take dont contain certain bloating-promoting sugars known as FODMAPs. Examples are grape, cranberry, orange, and pineapple juices. You also must monitor your sugar intake in juices and carbonated drinks to reduce the risk of increased gas.
Exercise can help with gas: physical activity and exercise should become a part of your daily routine. You may not make it to the gym, but you can take a daily walk for at least 30 minutes per session. Exercise will promote emotional and physical fitness while also speeding up digestion and reducing the risk of constipation and heartburn. However, consult with your healthcare provider before starting any fitness regime.
Test your diet: be observant about the foods that trigger gas and bloating, and try removing them from your diet one at a time. Do this until your gas symptoms improve, but ensure you always have a balanced meal. Common gas culprits include broccoli, cabbage, potatoes, fried foods, whole grains, dairy products, beans, and wheat.
Have a fiber-rich diet: interestingly, most of the foods that contribute to gas problems in the short term can help manage the situation. Fiber, for example, helps bring more water to the intestines hence softening the stool and allowing for its smooth passage.
Menstrual Bloating Remedies To Feel Better Fast
When bloating comes on strong and all you want to do is live in yoga pants and stay in bed, there are things you can do.
Here are four natural remedies to help you get back to your life, bloating be gone:
1. Make Some Diet Modifications: The power of nutrition is incredible, and with just a few dietary modifications prior to and during your period, you may be surprised at how much less bloated you feel. Here are some nutrition hacks to beat period bloating.
2. The Power of Plant-Based Healing: We cant downplay just how amazing Traditional Chinese Medicine and potent, healing herbs are for countless ailments and symptoms like period bloating. And Elix can help with your menstrual bloating. Our Cycle Balance formulas not only help balance hormones and help get to the root of all your symptoms, but the herbs in our formulas can help reduce the water retention that often leads to that uncomfortable bloated feelingso you can feel better, faster.
In need of a natural remedy right away? Try using a chasteberry tincture or sipping on some chasteberry tea. Studies have found this berry to be incredibly beneficial for easing PMS symptoms including water retention and even cravings.
Dandelion leaf tea can also be great for period bloating. It acts as a natural diuretic to help reduce some of that uncomfortable fluid retention while also giving the body a little extra potassium boost.
Know When to See a Doctor
You May Like: Probiotics Cause Nausea
Can You Tell Your Pregnant At 3 Weeks
While some people feel no difference at all at this early stage, others may start to notice 3 weeks pregnant symptoms. The experience at 3 weeks pregnant can really vary, so dont fret if you dont feel anything out of the ordinary. However, if you feel nauseous and your breasts are sore, thats normal too.
Cut Down On Salt Intake
Before your period starts, you should definitely keep a healthier diet by reducing the amount of salt in your food. Salt makes your body retain water and its the main cause of fluid retention which worsens the situation and bloating duration.
This means putting less salt in your home cook meal. You should also skip the processed food and junk food. Although you are likely to have food cravings, you can shift the attention to healthy snacks like fruits and nuts. Say no to sodium, say yes to a happy belly!
Also Check: Bloating After Ivf Egg Retrieval
When Changes In Symptoms Can Be A Sign Of Trouble
Meredith Shur, MD, FACOG, is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as a certified medical examiner.
While the range of symptoms a woman can go through during pregnancy can be challenging, it is something that most women expect and are fully prepared for. What some may not be prepared for is the way in which pregnancy symptoms can come and go, often without rhyme or reason.
How To Relieve Stomach Gas In Early Pregnancy
Bloating is normal in early and throughout pregnancy because of the slowed digestion mechanisms. However here are tips to get relieve you from bloating.
- Modify your diet: Aim to eat foods rich in fibers which will help absorb water in the digestive tract to get food moving down the intestines
- Drink more water: Water simply keeps things moving down your tract to avoid constipation which in return triggers bloating. Additionally, water keeps you hydrated.
- Eat smaller portions: Do not overload your digestive system by eating larger meals. It is advisable that you eat smaller portions throughout the day which will be easily digested. Remember to steer clear off unhealthy snacking. Always get yourself off the couch.
Move around and take part in light exercises like rope skipping or walking. Exercise during this period will tone down your digestive tract muscles and help you eliminate gas. Walking at least 30 minutes daily will do you good.
It is important to cut down on other foods known to contain gas such as cabbage, onions, fried foods and sugary foods. You can always find alternatives to such foods and stay healthy all the way.
- Chew your food thoroughly to make it easily digestible
- Avoid chewing gum, causes you to swallow air causing gut irritation
- Avoid talking while eating, only causes you to take in more air.
You May Like: Zoloft And Probiotics
Increase Your Fiber Intake:
Fill up on fiber to cut back on the bloating and gas by improving digestion. Remember, digestion slows down naturally when youre pregnant which means food spends more time in your stomach and intestines which cause more gas. Fiber can help by moving things along, alleviating the gas and thereby reducing the bloating of your stomach. While fiber can be very helpful, it may also make your bloating worse. Adding too much fiber to your diet too quickly can have the exact opposite effect, so go easy on it. Add high-fiber foods gradually to your diet, if youre not used to eating them.
Morning Sickness Nausea And Vomiting During Early Pregnancy
Although its called morning sickness, it can occur anytime during the day or night. Its unclear exactly what causes nausea and morning sickness, but hormones may play a role.
During the first trimester of pregnancy, many women experience mild to severe morning sickness. It may become more intense toward the end of the first trimester, but often becomes less severe as you enter the second trimester.
Also Check: Is Peanut Butter Good For Gerd
Maintain An Exercise Schedule:
Doing slight exercises in the morning will not only keep this problem at bay, but it will also keep you alert and on your feet.
Bloating, at the end of the day, is a normal part of pregnancy. If you follow these tips, you can definitely deal with it easily. But if the problem still persists, visit a doctor.
Hope this article was of help to you! Please share your comments/queries/tips with us and help us create a world full of Happy, Healthy and Empowered Women!!
How Can You Get Rid Of Period Bloating
If bloating before and/or during your period is an issue for you, try to avoid foods that are known to cause or increase the frequency and severity of bloating. If you do need a salty snack, try to consume those foods in moderation. Reducing salt intake can decrease water retention, and the body will respond with a diminished sensation of feeling bloating,Dr. Karen Patrusky, MD, tells Womans Day.
Instead, Patrusky says you should eat foods that are high in potassium, like bananas and avocados, as well as foods that are high in magnesium, like nuts and seeds. Foods that are natural diuretics like asparagus, cucumber, ginger, and watermelon can also help relieve uncomfortable bloating. And, of course, drinking plenty of water can help flush out your kidneys and improve your period symptoms.
Patrusky also suggests you get your sweat on to reduce bloating, even if youre feeling less than up to it. Exercise can improve energy and mood by increasing endorphins, she says. Exercise also induces sweat, encourages hydration, and makes us more mindful about what foods we put into our bodies.
If that isnt working, you can also try your hand at a few over-the-counter medication. If your symptoms are notable, they may warrant a medication, such as Midol Complete, which provides multi-symptom period and PMS relief including cramps and bloating, Dweck says. Birth control pills have also been helpful for some women to minimize PMS symptoms.
Also Check: Can Ibs Be Mistaken For Pregnancy
Don’t Miss: Pantoprazole Side Effects Weight Loss